Sunday, 6 April 2014

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish


So I know it’s been a while since I have posted but that is because I’ve been putting off writing this post for quite some time now. As you might have guessed from the title (and hey to all the Douglas Adams fans!) this is going to be my last blog post.


Now I know a lot of people aren’t going to really take much notice but there might be some people who want to know why I just don’t want to do blogging anymore. The real reason is there is no one particular reason. I found in the last 6 months to a year of blogging it had become something that I found I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore. When I started my blog I really loved doing it. I enjoyed the writing, the testing of the products and the photography. However I found myself no longer liking any of that.


If I have any regular readers they might have noticed I took several long breaks over the last year or so from my blog. After each time I returned to give it another go and see could I get that same enthusiasm I felt when I started my blog. Unfortunately it just didn’t return. Then before Christmas I decided I would stop for a very long break. And that’s where I am now. And the overwhelming feeling is that I just don’t miss it.


So I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been a regular reader of my blog and for all the support people have given me with it. I really enjoyed meeting some of the nicest people through my blog and Twitter and Instagram. I have to say the Irish beauty blogging/vlogging community is one of the most supportive online (and sometimes offline) communities out there. I won’t be dropping off the edge of the world completely either. I’ll still be on Twitter if anyone wants to talk about pretty much anything including everything beauty related. I’ll also be posting regularly on my Instagram of FOTD’s or nails or hauls or whatever I feel like. So you can check out my Instagram here and my Twitter here.


Thanks again.


Bye,



Mars

7 comments:

  1. Ah Marian sorry to hear you're not going to be blogging anymore :( But we'll deffo keep in touch online as I'll be dying to hear all about the wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah very sorry to see your blogging days over but will keep in touch on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh so sorry to hear although if you weren't enjoying it its probably for the best for you! You could try a wedding prep blog, maybe you're just a bit sick of writing about products... Either way we'll totally keep in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for the future, will miss those deadly Halloween tutorials!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah no! I'll miss you Marian (as I have done) but I'll be in touch on twitter and facebook, you better keep up those mega hauls ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you won't be blogging anymore, but if it wasn't fun anymore then it is the right decision for you. I'll catch you on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best ... hopefully we still see you around twitter as much xx

    ReplyDelete