Thursday, 14 November 2013

Pantene Pro-V 1 Minute Wonder Ampoules


So a little while back I was sent a package that contained these Pantene Pro-V 1 Minute Wonder Ampoules. Now I remember using Pantene products many years ago when they were relatively new and the be-all and end-all in hair care products. However it’s been many years since I have laid hands on any Pantene products and I was curious to see how I would get on with them.




The ampoules are part of a new range for Pantene called the Pro-V Strength and Shine Collection for Coloured Hair (they really need to work on catchier names!). The line includes a new shampoo, conditioner, serum and these ampoules. Pantene did the research and found that because of the chemical treatment it has been subjected to, coloured hair can have more ‘rough surfaces and lifted cuticles’. Essentially it can look very frizzy and dull. This Strength and Shine collection was introduced to combat that.




These 1 Minute Ampoules are supposed to contain ‘the highest level of conditioning actives from Pantene’. They contain Behenyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride which helps to ‘neutralise any negative charge on the hair after shampooing’. This helps to contain the frizz and give you shiny, healthier looking hair. All this science sounds great, but do they work?




Well, yes, actually they do! And it’s very simple. All you have to do is wash your hair as normal, slather the entire tube work of product onto your hair and leave for a minute.  Then simply rinse off and style as usual. After trying these I found I was pleasantly surprised at how good they did work! My hair was super soft and noticeably shinier for many days after.  Plus, even happier still, it looked shiny without looking greasy, which is what  a lot of hair products end up doing to my hair. Also, when my hair dries naturally, the frizz causes it to look like a poodle/lion mix on crack. While this didn’t completely eliminate all my frizziness (one can dream!), it definitely helped to eliminate quite a lot of it. Anything that can help at all is worth a shot in my opinion.


So that’s it for this review. I think these 1 Minute Wonder Ampoules are actually quite wonderful. And at €5.69 for a box of three, they aren’t too bad on the purse either.


Have you tried any Pantene products before? What did you like or not like?


Bye for now,


Mars

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, "poodle/lion mix on crack", love it! I was really looking forward to this review, glad you got on so well with them, I'll definitely be checking them out myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m using Pantene Pro-V Shampoo and Conditioner from Kallony and so far the results are great! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post.Very impressive way of writing....appreciate the great information about pantene pro v shampoo

    ReplyDelete