Thursday, 31 October 2013

Halloween Series: The Exorcist



So today is finally the day; it’s Halloween!! I have my final in the series of Halloween tutorials today. This look is Regan from The Exorcist and was requested by Aundrea. Now I have never seen the film because I hate horror films. I know that’s very strange from a person who loves Halloween. Anyway I tried to keep it as true to the character as possible. Obviously I’m not a kid and I don’t have brown hair or green eyes but I did the best with what I had. This is a pretty labour and time intensive look so there are a lot of steps. Let’s get started.




Step 1: Cover your eyebrows with glue stick (Pritt stick). This is important because you will be putting latex over them and it will stop you waxing your brows off. Start covering your brows with layers of single ply tissue and liquid latex.

Step 2: Continue building up the layers of tissue and latex to give you at raised brow line or furrowed brow look. It took about 6 or 7 layers to get to this point.




Step 3: Using modelling wax or scar wax, make some open slashes across the face as shown in the pictures. It is difficult to describe how to use modelling wax in text but there are plenty of YouTube videos that can show you how to.




Step 4: Cover all the scars with liquid latex and allow to dry. You need to do this step as makeup won’t apply on top of modelling wax alone. You can also apply some tissue paper and liquid latex to the lips to give them a dry, cracked appearance. Powder all the latex with a translucent powder or baby powder.

Step 5: Paint the face with a mixture of light foundation, white face paint and green face paint. This will give the skin a sickly appearance. Be very delicate applying it around the wax. Powder over everything again.




Step 6: Using yellow mustard coloured face paint (or yellow and orange combined), blot this on with a sponge around the face in a few areas. This adds to the sickly look and was in many of the Regan pictures I looked at.

Step 7: Use a combination of black, red, purple and brown eyeshadows to cover the eyes and under the eyes. Make sure to keep a line of red close to the lower lashline. Then, using a combination of blue, purple and red eyeshadows, shade around all the open slash wounds. This helps to give the skin around the slashes a bruised appearance.




Step 8: Fill in the insides of the slash wounds with a deep red face paint.

Step 9: Fill in the very inside, at the deepest part of the slashes with black face paint.




Step 10: Put some blood paste into the wounds to give it a fresh blood look. Then stipple some blood around all the wounds.

Step 11: Paint the inside of your lips with black face paint or a black lipstick. Then apply to black tooth wax to your teeth. If you don’t have tooth wax, you can use black cake icing.






And you’re done! I finished the look by coating my hair in a conditioner to give it that greasy, lank look that Regan rocks in the film. If you have green eyes or green contacts then this would look even better.


So that’s it from my Halloween series. I hope everyone enjoyed them or at least got some ideas from them. I really enjoyed doing them and wish I could do these looks all year round! Let me know what you are dressing as this Halloween in the comments below!

Happy Halloween!!

Bye for now,

Mars


7 comments:

  1. No no no no no no! There's not many things I'm afraid of but her... Ugggggh lol! Well done Hun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly ya scared the crap out of me..... (hiding behind couch now)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so scary, haha. But you're so talented :)

    Alex x
    www.bump-to-baby.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you scared me to death! Nice done girl, would you like to follow each other? let me know and i will follow u back
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job! That looks great!

    Latex is great but I hate using it cause it's so stinky, you can really smell the ammonia in it. I hate using it around my mouth and nose, makes me wanna gag, but such is the pain you put up when you want to look good for Halloween or Zombie walks! :D

    Great job with the scars - morticians wax can be such a pain to work with, I remember making my first scars with and it kept sticking to my hands, nightmare!

    Belle Morte Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! its stunning and really horror.

    Best Regards
    Alina
    Dresses for sale

    ReplyDelete